Eligibility – This award is open to all IITA Member and non-member point- to-point Transportation Organizations, like air, rail, motorcoach, and passenger vessel.
Nomination – This award category will receive nominations from member Inbound Operators. Nominations must be made in writing with a brief description of how the nominee meets the awards criteria.
Voting – The top three nominees, as determined by number of nominations, will be on the final ballot. This award will be voted on by member Inbound Operators.
Recipients of the Award for Excellence in Transportation will demonstrate excellence in international marketing, operations and collaboration with inbound operators. When making nominations for this award, IITA inbound operator members may consider the following:
- Does this organization communicate with inbound tour operators in a clear and concise manner?
- Do they effectively market their product internationally while protecting the interest of inbound tour operators?
- Does the organization communicate with inbound tour operators in a clear and concise manner?
- Do they understand the particular needs of inbound tour operators?
- Do reservations for groups and individuals flow smoothly from one department to another?
- Are quotes, questions and complaints handled in an efficient manner?
- Does the organization provide effective training for staff regarding international visitors?
- Has the organization through their sales and marketing efforts over the past year, contributed to the growth and development of inbound tourism?
- Is the organization’s staff knowledgeable about the inbound market, its specific needs and requirements?
- Is service personal professional in behavior and appearance?