The PHLCVB is happy to provide a NEW Partnership benefit for 2022!
Launching in Fall 2022, partners will have the opportunity to participate in “Inbound Insider: Steps to Success”, a four-part travel trade tourism activation program developed by International Inbound Travel Association (IITA), a national leader committed to growing inbound travel to the USA.
The program is specifically designed to develop a framework of skills for travel and tourism suppliers, to develop and implement strategies tailored for your business to effectively work with and, ultimately, increase ROI and market share from key international travel trade partners across all source markets. Travel trade collectively refers to both international and domestic third-party resellers of travel. The Steps to Success activation program will focus on how to work with Inbound Operators, who are your gateway to the international market based within the USA.
As part of this benefit PHLCVB will be hosting a mini marketplace to connect you to IITA member Inbound Operators looking for new Philadelphia tourism suppliers! By developing business-to-business (B2B) relationships with these partners, your products will be sold around the world to their network of partners creating the opportunity for year over year growth in off-peak and seasonal business.
We recommend registering for all 4 steps today!
Time: 2 – 3:30 PM
What You Learn:
Build your understanding of the global network of distributors that make up the international travel trade. Learn the who, what, where, why, and how to work effectively with the international travel trade, expanding your business’s reach and visibility to new source markets increasing your customer base. Walk away with set guidelines and resources to enhance your ability to work effectively and efficiently with B2B inbound operators such as:
- Understand the value of working with the international inbound market and how to harness them as a powerful partner to grow your business
- Learn step-by-step insights on how to prepare for this market including developing sellable products, services and operational resources that follow the protocols of working with the travel trade
- Gain a strategic understanding of the travel trade distribution channel and how to position it to your benefit
- Discover fundamental marketing strategies you can use to promote your products and service via the varied distribution channels of the travel trade
Date: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
Time: 2 – 3:30 p.m.
What You Learn:
How to position your products to fit the needs of the travel trade to form B2B partnerships. Develop an understanding of the pricing and resource conventions required to make your products appear attractive to this market, ensuring you gain immediate traction and equitable partnerships.
- Dive deeper into the various levels of the travel trade and their unique characteristics to begin to shape your inbound tourism development strategy
- See how to build a dynamic “business profile” that addresses requirements of a 3rd party seller of travel products and gets traction to sell your business more easily
- Learn what buzz words and influencing points to include in your key documents that will gain the interest of the travel trade
- Review samples, tips and tricks and take your next step to create your own necessary & useful resources
- Develop a competitive pricing structure while maintaining industry rate integrity
- Understand the importance of maintaining rate integrity to build long lasting relationships
- Obtain repeat business by following the travel trade model and learn how to incorporate rate systems in your business
Date: Tuesday, November 22, 2022
Time: 2 – 3:30 PM
What You Learn:
How to effectively develop strategies and systems that not only maximize opportunities for your business but allow international travel trade partners to easily access and sell your product. Walk away with a foundation that will help you develop strategies to build future and repeat base business, and fill off-peak need periods, for consistent year-round volume from the international market.
- Position your products/services to be sold in advance to maximize sales and marketing efforts
- Develop operational support documents
- Ensure you have the product, systems, and operational support in place to accommodate travel trade business effortlessly
- Learn more about working with the travel trade from a product and policies standpoint
- How to set up specific operational practices, internal policies, and systems per category of supplier
Date: Tuesday, December 13, 2022
Time: 2 – 4 PM
What You Learn:
Apply the skills and strategies learned to confidently secure contracts and walk away with future revenue opportunities. Participate in an exclusive Mini-Marketplace meeting with four (4) vetted Inbound Operators eager to grow Philadelphia product as a response to increasing international consumer demand. Learn about their business operations and partake in Q&A’s as a launchpad to successful business relationships!
Eligibility: It is recommended that you attend all (3) Steps to Success sessions to be prepared to engage in the mini marketplace. If you are unable to attend all sessions, please reach out to Annie Jirapatnakul, email@example.com, to discuss your mini marketplace eligibility.
Steps to Success provides a comprehensive review of inbound travel to the US. If you are considering entering this market or expand your participation, IITA provides a great place to begin.
IITA’s Steps to Success will prepare you to take advantage of pent-up demand from coveted international markets which are certain to rebound in 2022 and beyond. Give your destination, hotels, attractions and more the tools to grow their share of international visitation in a post-COVID world.
IITA provides resources for DMOs and suppliers that are invaluable and are not replicated anywhere else within the industry. The Inbound Insider Steps to Success program … provided to hotels, attractions and restaurants in my destination has been a game-changer for these establishments, giving them the tools and knowledge to gain market share of inbound international visitors.
IITA’ Steps to Success program has helped to inform our industry about this complicated and important business, how it works and how they can generate additional international business.